Thursday, August 23, 2012

Telescoping Beautiful Season Christmas Card


I love the look of telescoping cards, but they seemed impractical for Technique Classes due to the potential for error ~after~ coloring, but I decided to try just stamping the image first and running the StazOn only image through the Big Shot.  (Here is a link to Holly McMillen's telescoping card tutorial on SCS.)

So in my version....I layered the images together and began coloring AFTER they were all set up. That way I'm sure I saved a bit of coloring/only colored the image once, and there was no danger of a mistake ruining an image that had been colored.  If a customer makes a mistake on the Big Shot, she'll only need to re-stamp the image and try again!  I think it looks okay done this way.... :)


The first and third layers of framelits.
 
The second and fourth layers of framelits.
 
I sponged all the edges and open space in Pool Party before I began markering the image.

Pin It

No comments: